NHS Hot Topics Series 2 overview
One of the most important facets of a career in medicine is staying current. This is reflected in the medical school admissions process, as current or recent events are common medical school interview topics. That’s why we’ve dedicated 2 whole courses to help you learn about hot topics in healthcare in the UK… so you’re prepared for any interview questions that might arise. Series 2 dives deeper into recent NHS issues including junior doctor strikes and the Zika Virus, discussing each issue with example practice questions and answers. Our goal is to show you how to structure your answers and properly respond to questions in your medicine interview.
- Professionally filmed for a better learning experience
- Hours of interactive footage featuring high quality videos ~20 minutes long
- Created by real doctors and interview experts with over 15 years of experience
- Fully mobile and tablet responsive, so you can access the videos from anywhere
- Set your own goals along the way
Hot NHS Topics covered in this course:
- Why do you think some A&E departments had to close this winter?
- The function of A&E
- Challenges face by A&E departments
- Example answer and conclusion
- Should we have a specialist A&E department in the UK for patients aged over 80?
- The challenges of an ageing population and potential solutions
- Is there a need for specialist A&E departments for over 80 years old?
- What are the causes and consequences of increasing primary care pressures?
- Why is there pressure on the primary healthcare system?
- Consequences of these pressures
- Using your experience to make your answers unique
- Were doctors right to go on strike over the junior doctor contract?
- The government's perspective
- The junior doctor's and public's perspective
- Advantages and disadvantages of the contract and approaching the question at interview
- The Hadiza Bawa-Garba Case: what are the implications of junior doctors?
- Time of the Hadiza Bawa-Garba Case
- Arguments in favour and against being struck off
- The future implications on junior doctors
- How can social media impact healthcare?
- GMC Guidance
- Benefits of social media on healthcare and the medical profession
- Risks of social media on healthcare and the medical profession
- What do you know about the Harold Shipman case?
- The Shipman Inquiry
- What is appraisal and revalidation?
- Would you volunteer in an area affected by the Zika Virus?
- What is the Zika Virus?
- Pros and cons of volunteering in an area affected by the Zika Virus
- Approaching this answer at the interview
Who is this course designed for?
This course is for students preparing for medical school interviews in the UK. This course helps stay up-to-date on current NHS hot topics. During your medical school interviews you will likely be asked questions based on current NHS Hot Topics and it is important that you show you are current and knowledgeable on the subject. Our course prepares you by educating you on current NHS hot topics in medicine, questions you might be asked regarding them and how to answer these challenging questions during your interviews!
Essential content: We have separated the videos into important topics that we feel are fundamental to interview success. We begin by teaching you how to structure your answers. We go through the common types of interview questions that you may come across. Extra quizzes and info will also become available for you to put your knowledge into practice.
Interactive features: Being interactive is the key to our teaching success! So, you will find our team members asking you questions and asking you to pause the video. We may ask you to write something down. Or we may recommend that you look up some extra info to enhance your learning.
Unlimited playbacks and mobile responsive: Each module offers unlimited replays with flexible playback features. This allows you to learn at your own pace and track your progress, to make it a more personalised learning experience.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What if I don't understand part of a video?
No problem! Add your questions into the comment box below the videos. A dedicated team member will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.
My video won't play!
Technical issues can happen to the best of us. Go to our technical helpdesk/tutorial and we’ll get you back online and ready to ace that medical school interview!
Can I access the videos from my phone?
Absolutely! You can access our videos via your mobile web browser or the Thinkific app.
Can I save videos on my hard drive?
Unfortunately, because of copyright, you cannot save videos. However, you are more than welcome to replay videos as many times as you need!
I have paid for the course now how do I get access to it?
After you have purchased your course you will receive an email with your login details. This email can take up to 15minutes to send. Please also be sure to check your junk mail just in case. If you do not receive the access email please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message through our chat on our website and we will get your login details.