Medical School Personal Statement Tutoring overview
Having a strong personal statement is a good idea, as it gives you a chance to show interviewers you’re prepared to study medicine. If there’s one thing we can all appreciate, it’s that we all have different strengths. Helping you get the chance to study medicine is one of ours!
We start by giving you some help writing personal statements, important if you’re going through the UCAS Personal Statement application process. Your University application is the first step towards becoming a full-time medical student - so prepare accordingly!
Each unique one-to-one session with one of our personal statement tutors is tailored to you and allows us to identify and develop your weaker areas. One of our senior reviewers will guide you through each tricky step and help you avoid common pitfalls while using their skills and experience to highlight your achievements effectively.
We recommend most students start with our Personal Statement Review Service: send us a draft and we comment and edit the draft line by line. For some, that level of detailed feedback is enough. If we feel the personal statement has not improved enough after already having our detailed review, we recommend 1-to-1 tutoring for additional support.
For some students, it’s difficult just to get the ball rolling. There are many things to consider, including appropriate content, structure, and showing your life or work experience in a relevant way. In a “getting started” tutoring session, you can expect a full content brainstorming session tailored to the schools of your choice and their marking scheme. We plan a strong structure around your content and help you get started – giving advice about what stories to share and how to reflect on them to impress examiners.
- One-to-one tutoring sessions in person or online with our senior reviewers with flexible hours - available every day, morning or evening
- Tailored tutoring session, focusing on areas you want to improve
- Feedback based on the University criteria and marking scheme of your choice
- Brainstorming session about how to begin your medicine personal statement
- Learn how to structure your points effectively
- Review of structure, content and relevance to the field of medicine