UCAT Course package
- 2-day weekend classroom
- 5 Workbooks
- 1 hour of private tutoring
- 30 hrs online UCAT course
- 2 Full-length Mock Exams
- Ongoing support till exam
- >50% of strategies not found in any other course
- Designed by Philip Linnell, scores in the 3200-3400 range for the UCAT & helped over 1000 students in almost 20 different subjects
Everyone has been telling you the UCAT exam (previously UKCAT) is a big deal. You’ve done the research, and now YOU think it’s a big deal, so you’re worried. The truth is everyone is right: the University Clinical Aptitude Test is a big deal for medical applicants. Before you panic and put all the pressure on yourself, we have some good news: we can get rid of those nervous jitters and make sure you’re ready to ace the UCAT (UKCAT) - all we need is a weekend of your time!
theMSAG UCAT Course is a 2-day weekend classroom course from 10-17:00, held in 18 different locations across the UK from June to September. We’ll teach you how to prepare for the UCAT exam, what to study and what you’ll need for your application. This course also includes interactive study at home material (so you can stay sharp) and an hour of private tutoring to make sure all your questions are answered.
When to start preparing for the UCAT? Ideally, you can take our course up to one year before your medical school application or the exam. Although we offer course dates all the way up to the exam date, earlier is better so you have some extra time to use all the material when you get home. And if you feel like you need a refresher closer to the exam date or if you don’t feel quite ready, you come back and attend a second time free of charge.
What we offer
- Key information: structure, timing and scoring well
- Interactive, small group teaching sessions
- Comprehensive tutoring covering each section of the UCAT (Verbal Reasoning, Decision Making, Quantitative Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning and Situational Judgement)
- Keypad to answer UCAT/UKCAT practice questions with during the course.
- Full UCAT exam practice using our custom built online built platform, with results and tailored advice to help you improve your UCAT score
- Personalised advice about developing your weak areas and when you should sit the exam - you get an assessment sent to you after the course
- A selection of drinks and refreshments throughout the day to keep you alert!
- 1000 UCAT questions to practice the skills and techniques you acquire on our course
- 30 hours interactive e-learning UCAT course to keep learning tips and techniques on the move
- 1 hour free UCAT tutoring with one of our expert tutors to focus on any particular area that you’re struggling with (via online video call)
- Post-course support through a private Facebook group that you will be given access to, where you can ask questions, discuss concerns and interact with students and tutors.
- Come back to the course free of charge if you need to
UCAT Course + e-Learning + 1 hr Tutoring
*Kaplan tutoring cost per hour is based on average over 10 sessions
*Medic Portal course is 1 day vs 2 days for theMSAG and Kaplan
*Medic Portal online learning is for 6 weeks vs until October UCAS deadline for theMSAG and Kaplan
Why choose our 2-day UCAT course over a 1-day course?
To get you as prepared as possible, we cover a lot of content. That means we need more time. We’ve found 2 days is perfect for letting all that information sink in. We give you a chance to apply the knowledge from day 1 with a full mock exam on day 2. 2 days also gives you more time to spend with our tutors, so we can make sure all your questions are answered. Dr Jiva tells us how she designed theMSAG UCAT course, having taken a close look at other competitor's UCAT courses in this blog.
The team behind theMSAG UCAT Courses
Something that really makes theMSAG stand out is our all-star team. We work with the best experts in the business, and make sure each member of our staff has skills and strengths that complement each other. From medical students and doctors, to the best UCAT tutor in the UK, we’ve assembled the perfect team to help you conquer the UCAT.
To do well in the UCAT - it's 30% knowledge and 70% strategy. Being smart with timing - answering some questions in 20 seconds rather than 40 - is what makes the difference between an average and a strong score.
Our course is only taught by tutors who have scored top 10% and above of their year cohort in their UCAT exam.
theMSAG senior management is comprised of medical doctors, who have themselves gone through the rigorous admissions process, and therefore understand what students are going through and can offer tailored experienced advice
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I am writing my UCATSEN exam on the 16th of September, does this course support or cater for additional time when writing the mock exam on day 2?
We can cater for additional time for UCATSEN students on our courses.
The full mock exam is given to students electronically, but on the day there will be several shorter mock drills during which we can give you additional time for.
When you receive your pre-course form, please kindly let us know that you will be sitting the UCAT SEN exam and we can ensure that your tutor for your course is aware of this.
Dr Ashish Mandavia
Director, theMSAG UK