NOTE: If COVID-19 restrictions prevent an in-person class from being delivered, all classes will be switched to a live online class instead.
The medical school interview is the place where you can make a lasting impression to the admissions panel. It is also the deciding factor as to whether or not you are about to begin your medical school career. So make sure you are ready to ace the medical school interview and secure that coveted spot at medical school with our full-day medical school interview preparation course, where we help you improve your interview techniques.
Students who have attended our medical school interview course are being offered places at some of the top medical schools in the UK, such as Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial College London and more.
Over the last 5 years, we have an incredible 98.5% success rate. This means that 98.5% of the students who attended our Interview and MMI Courses have later gone on to receive an offer after their medical school interview. Follow in their footsteps and get into the medical school you want!
Our full-day medical interview courses are facilitated both by experienced medical doctors and senior medical students, who have the benefit of recent medical school interview experience. Additionally, 8 of our facilitators have sat or are currently sitting on interview panels at medical schools all throughout the UK.
Whether you have an upcoming panel or multiple mini interview, this course will give you the invaluable opportunity to be taught and receive first-hand information on what you can expect going into your interview by professionals involved in the interview process across the country.
In our full-day medical school interview course, we coach you on how to approach all the different types of interview questions and MMI stations you are likely to encounter at your interview. We also provide you with a question bank of frequently asked questions, which you can practice answering on the spot.
The course is not lecture-based but rather an interactive full-day practice, where you are taught techniques, strategies, and how to structure your answers, incorporating mock interview questions all throughout. It gives you real interview experience and helps you improve your abilities throughout the day.
We also provide you with customised feedback all throughout the day based on your answers and performance throughout the course, as well as written feedback at the end of the day. What’s more, we will provide you with video feedback of your mock interview answers, so that you are able to go home and replay any particularly good answers you gave or any especially challenging tasks you were faced with, in order to review the successful techniques required and your own performance.
All of this means that, whether you’re about to encounter a traditional interview or an MMI circuit, you will walk into that interview room confident and prepared for what’s about to come!
• Small class sizes:With a maximum of 12 students per class and 2 facilitators, the small group size and interactive nature mean that our students get the opportunity to practice all day delivering answers and receive individual feedback.
• Up-to-date information:The medical school interview course is updated each year, and thus the most up-to-date hot topics in healthcare that are relevant to your medical school interview will also be covered.
• All interview types:Each course is tailored to the particular group of 12 students attending the course that day. We start by covering the marking schemes and question types at the medical school the students on that day are applying to and then delve into structure and practice for the rest of the day, making sure we continuously provide you with personalised tips and advice, depending on your medical schools of choice.
• MMI preparation:For the 2019/2020 season, we have improved our course structure by increasing the amount of practice offered, so each student who attends can now do a minimum of between 6 to 8 MMI practice stations during the course as well as take part in a group task. During their timed practice, students will be videoed and will later be able to take the recording of their practice and feedback home, along with the marking schemes.
• theMSAG workbook:You are also provided with theMSAG workbook on the day of your course, which includes tips on how to approach the most common interview questions and allows you to keep all of the important information you learned on the day neat and organised in one place.
• Included access to our Award-Winning Online Interview Course and NHS Hot Topics Series 1 (RRP £25):Before the course, you will be provided access to our award-winning online interview course that features videos to help you prepare for answering questions on the course day. They are a fantastic supplement to your course that you will always have access to for a quick refresher.
|8:30 - 8:45||Registration|
|8:45 - 9:30||What are they looking for? Explore the marking schemes & interview style of where you are applying|
|9:30 - 10:30||Motivation questions - Practice & Coaching|
|10:30 - 11:00||How to structure your answers|
|11:00- 12:00||GMC duties of a doctor & NHS values - Practice & Coaching|
|12:00 - 12:45||Lunch|
|12:45 - 13:45||Medical Ethics - Approaching scenarios & Practice|
|13:45 - 14:30||NHS Structure & Challenges - interactive teaching|
|14:30 - 15:00||NHS Hot topics discussion|
|15:00 - 15:15||Break|
|15:15 - 16:15||Role plays - Approach & Practice|
|16:15 - 17:15||Data, calculation, picture, article, video, task stations - Approach & Practice|
|17:15 - 17:45||Group Task|
|17:30 - 18:00||Feedback and wrap up|
Our courses can be quite oversubscribed, as such we try to make additional courses available in the same location. If there is an additional course, you’ll see it labelled as “Room 2” or “Room 3”. Each room is taught the same material and will have the same number of facilitators.